The innovation strategy course provides a high-impact development experience. It will help you to develop an innovation strategy and lead change.
The course will support you in applying innovation best practice from around the world.
By attending this course, you will be able to:
- Develop an innovation strategy
- Understand the science behind the processes and culture of innovation success
- Develop an innovation map and portfolio strategy for innovation
- Understand how to set an innovation budget and KPIs
- Set up a change team to enact the innovation plan
- Develop a culture that supports innovation
- Take away a practical toolkit to enable effective leadership of innovation
Once you’ve established what you want to achieve, and the willingness of your firm to take risks and invest, it’s essential you gain alignment across the firm. Lack of alignment and awareness are key derailers of successful innovation, as a firm needs its people on board to engage with change.
Our workshop will focus on answering these initial questions and creating a framework and plan to deliver on the innovation strategy. To facilitate this process, your Spiranti innovation benchmark results will be our focal point, clarifying the cultural and organisational enablers for innovation. We will bring the benchmark to life with specific case studies and examples for each of these key elements.
- Demystify the innovation strategy development process.
- Create an opportunity to engage with your peers and explore how different firms are approaching innovation priorities for the future.
- Provide practical tools and templates to create the strategy and techniques which can be repurposed for future exercises.
Who should attend?
Senior leadership including senior partners, Heads of Innovation, Marketing, BD, IT and HR.
Faculty and speakers
Quentin Ellis is a passionate digital expert who is one of the founding partners of Cohaesus. He has over 20 years of experience in successfully leading online strategy and complex enterprise-level digital programmes, working closely with stakeholders on digital strategy development, digital transformation, MarTec implementation, governance and capability reviews.
Annette Muller has over 20 years’ experience in innovation and customer growth strategy development working with organisations such as EY, Diageo, GSK and Vodafone across the globe.
Nigel Spencer led learning & development functions in two global law firms for over 13 years, creating a number of award-winning, innovative leadership development programmes, both for the firms and their clients. Amongst a number of strategic organisational development initiatives, Nigel was also part of a team which built the first London-based innovation hub in a global firm. An accredited executive coach, Nigel also carries out practice-based research on the effectiveness of learning in the workplace and the link between learning and business strategy.
Mark Smith uses deep market insight, sharp strategic thinking and a rich understanding of behavioural change to create pragmatic and creative solutions to help professional services firms thrive and adapt in today’s competitive market.
Paul Smith’s main aim as Chairman of Eversheds was to secure a US merger which ultimately created a global firm with revenues in excess of $1 billion. During his term he led on a financial robustness initiative to improve profitability which resulted in the highest Profit Per Equity Partner in the firm’s history.